11/23/08

Santa Fe Show Thanksgiving Weekend

Ready or not? Wow! I feel like I'm always getting ready for a show lately. This is the most shows I've done in one year! I have not had time to post on e-bay either. Well, I could actually squeeze in some time for eBay. But, the prices to list something on eBay has become a bit to high for my taste. So I sure hope that everyone who is looking for a Flores Original this year will go to my website or my Etsy shop. I am also working on a Muerto purse to list only on Etsy. I hope to have that done by the end of this week. Actually, I don't have much of a week. I am leaving on Thursday to spend Thanksgiving with the family. So that leaves me with 3 days. .. tic toc tic toc....
Keep in mind that this piece is still a work in progress. I am still working on her.

I wanted to work on an intimate painting between mother and child. If you are a Mother you know that sweet warm feeling when your baby falls asleep in your arms. You can feel their heart beat, body heat and the rhythm of their breathing. You could just hold them forever.


This is my contemporary retablo of Archangel Michael. This retablo also has a shelf on the bottom. I'm still working on his face. I like for my St. Michael to have a STRONG face. This one keeps coming out real young and innocent looking. I'm going to add a photo of my older painting of a St. Michael. Look at the difference..

The boyish look is kind of cute also, but, I need to fix that bottom lip. Too light. This is an older version of my San Miguel. I love this one. I think I just might put up some prints of him actually. He is very strong looking, makes me feel safe! Next we have a metal frame that holds three of my paintings. With this work, I thought it would look nice if I let the original wood show in the background. The wood is a beautiful orange color. Now I'm thinking, not so much! It's just not as colorful or eye catching as my usual work. I'm also going to stain the metal a little with turquoise. First on the frame is the Sacred Heart.

Next is the Virgin Mary. Her face came out so sweet and sincere looking. Look at her eyes.


And last but NOT least. The Holy Spirit.

Well, I hope you enjoyed the photos and if you would like to leave a comment or two feel free.

Till next time

No comments:

La Chingona