1/10/09

Flores Originals back on E-bay!

I did not plan on selling my art on e-bay anymore because of the increase of fee's. But, alas e-bay has brought me more sales and traffic than any other site. So I humbly crawl back on hands and knees to my old friend who takes a big percentage of my commision.
Flores Originals + E-bay = a living


First painting up for bid is an original painted on wood. Para Siempre Mi Amor which means My Forever Love. Even after her life, she sings about the heartfelt love that she clung onto even after death. Passionately pouring her heart and soul into her guitar. This painting is part of the Muerta Love collection. This is the second of the kind.

This turquoise painting is called Mi Amor Perdido meaning My Lost Love. This was the first in the series. It was sold this summer in Santa Fe. Her eyes are broken hearts she is crying out to her lost love, enduring the pain of her broken heart.

This is Marilyn Mon-Muerto! It is Marilyn Monroe the calaca, in her famous pose with her dress flying up around her. (From the 1954 movie The Seven Year Itch) . This painting is very vibrant. It has contrasting colors so it really stands out. She is the first Marilyn Mon-Muerto that I have painted. I am starting the bid at $45.00
this is really under priced for a Flores Original!

Next starting at $19.99, I have listed a very sexy hand painted Marilyn Mon-Muerta purse! I had a hard time with this purse. I am used to painting with very bright colors and this purse as you can see is a dark bronze. I had it hanging on the door of my armoire for about 3 or 4 months. This is a used purse but looks Great!! I'm going green. Recycling items that still have life left, but adding a dash of pizazz! Finally, I look at this purse and see Marilyn Mon-Muerta sitting above the gold point in front of the purse. So after all this time I grab the purse and go to work. This is the finishing result. This piece measures almost 6 1/2" x 9" x 2 1/2" The flap in front opens to a large pocket with one small pocket on the inside. The purse has Marilyn Mon-Muerto on the front posing sexy. To the left of her, I painted the words "Marilyn Mon-Muerto" to look as if she signed the purse herself! To the right is her kiss print. The colors in this painting coordinate perfectly with the purse. I used shimmery gold & shimmery copper to pop against the bronze background of this purse. It is functional art, you can display it or use it! And no the paint will not come off!

Please feel free to check them out on my e-bay auctions! Have a good weekend and thank you for stopping by!





4 comments:

glorv1 said...

Carolyn that is great work. It looks like you put in a lot of time on each and every one. I hope your year is going good and gets better. I love the MM purse.

TheFancyChola said...

I am sending good vibes your way! Money vibes..when you get them..send me some back, with interest!

Thelma-Art said...

I love your calacas.

Renee said...

Carolyn -- thanks for coming to my party. One big thing I noticed that I also think can be a best of you is your compassion. I can see it even in your paintings. So many things, compassion, love, intuition, mystery, on and on.

But the best is your 3 children and husband and that is a wonderful thing.

I love your art.

Love Renee

La Chingona