5/15/09

Going With the Flow..

I have not been up to anything worth blogging about. Nothing exciting anyway. No shows, no photos & no new items. I am working little by little on paintings for my upcoming shows. But, lately I have had painters block! I have no imagination lately, no passion, no inspiration. It's horrible. A few weeks ago I wanted to paint but being uninspired and unimaginative I didn't know what to paint. So I decided to try a portrait painting. I am by no means a portrait painter but I had fun trying it out. I decided to get some random photos of myself, my cousin Dolores & Christina Aka The Fancy Chola! So Here they are in order
Here is Me, I & Myself!
This be my cousin Dolores Aka Baby Dodo!
And you all know Christina Aka The Fancy Chola
I combined the three and this is the result! Now I know this is more of a charicature than a portrait. But, remember, I said I did this for "fun"! Don't judge me!
HAHAHAAA.A...... I KNOW, I KNOW!!
I want to give a special "Thank You" to two of my favorite Flores Original customers!
Jenna from Redlands California
&
Wesley from Florida
Thank you so much for your support!
For the last week I have been ill! I got hit really hard with A-a sinus infection & B- Strep Throat! Then it passed on to my baby daughter, then the oldest daughter, then my oldest son & of course now it hit my husband! Ughh it has been horrible. I have been completly knocked off my feet with this one. I'm going on day 8 and I am still exhausted sore and miserable. But, life goes on! Well, until next time!






4 comments:

TheFancyChola said...

ahhh we fabu...in life and acrylic!

glorv1 said...

Those are awesome paintings Carolyn. It's been a while since I've done portraits, but I just got some canvas and might give it a try, just for fun.I think you did a great job. Have a great weekend.

Peachy Cheek said...

They came out so wonderful!!! You did a great job on these portraits:)

I hope all is well:)

Take care,

Kim

TheFancyChola said...

Hey homegirl...I am sending to an ex-lax for your creative constipation!

La Chingona