9/15/14

Workin it, Workin it... 

I had a little set back recently. My husband had some health issues so, my work was set aside (naturally) until I felt that he was well enough so that i can work next to him. Its really nice having him home though. He keeps me company and is "supposed" to critique my work, ajaja but he never has anything negative to say about it. So, i ask my kids, they're brutally honest & that is what helps me. 

In my earlier post, I was crushed, I didn't think I would be participating in the San Felipe de Neri, Santero show. Well, I WILL be participating!! I am ecstatic and oober inspired working on new Santero pieces. 
I use some of my favorite saints every year with a new twist each time. Of course the Blessed Mother is one, San Pasqual patron saint of kitchens and cooks and Santa Marta another patron saint of Kitchens and cooks. To choose which other saints I choose, I read different life stories of the saints and when one hits me, I go with it, paint it and try and incorporate their story into my work. 
I post a lot of my work completions as well as work in progress' on my Facebook fan page. 


No comments:

La Chingona